Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Reaching Running Milestones | Toddler Hair Styles

Wednesday
Workout - 3 miles outside (jog/walk) with Cailtlin

And the amazing runs outside with good friends just keep on coming this week. It's been awesome! Have I mentioned how much I love to run with Cailtlin? No ... well I do she has been running way longer than I have so she really challenges me to push myself each time we go out. But she is totally not pushy about it and doesn't make me feel bad for "slowing her down." I think it's great to have friends to run with that push you and I also think it's important to be that person for someone else. 

So I feel I need to congratulate myself here on the blog I can run a full 1/4 mile pretty easily now which is a great accomplishment for me. Some people may turn up their noses at that short distance but I feel it's an accomplishment since just last week I found myself struggling to get through 90 seconds of continuos running.  So how have I done it? I think my ability to reach the running milestones I am setting for myself can be narrowed down to the following four (4) steps.

Reaching Running Milestones
1) get in 3-4 runs a week (I think trick is to just get out there and put your feet to the pavement or treadmill or whatever)
2) run/ jog intervals (ex: 60 seconds jogging, 90 seconds walk, 60 seconds jog, 90 second walk, etc.) and increase your interval lengths as 60 seconds becomes easier and easier
3) run with people who will cheer you on, celebrate your success and challenge you to do better each time
and most importantly
4) listen to your body!

And of course when you are running with a toddler make sure to reward them for being a total champ and being so patient while you get in a good run.
Running free
"Mommy it's just my size"
Keeping hydrated



My little princess loves her long hair and she loves having pretty hair as she says. Of course she doesn't always want to sit still for me to do her hair but when she can we end up with fun hairstyles like these:
Princess hair

Jasmine Ponytail


What are your running milestones? My next milestone is to be able to run 1/2 mile without stopping! I can do it I'm getting close then it's on to tackle a whole mile.




Linke up with be.YOU.tiful

No comments:

Post a Comment