Thursday, February 6, 2014

Fav post running snacks

Thursday
Workout - 20 min yoga video/ 7 min foam roller routine

It rained today so no run. We did a lot of playing inside today and a quick trip to Costco to stock up on some of our favorites. So I thought I'd share a couple of my newest post run/ workout snacks.

  1. I have recently discovered how great soy milk is in shakes and mixed with chocolate syrup for a great post run protein punch. Soy milk is so much thicker than fat free skim milk so it's more satisfying in a shake and post run drink. Plus the vanilla flavor is yummy alone too! So after a good run I indulge in a small glass of yummy chocolate milk. I mix 1/2 cup of vanilla silk soy mily with a couple tablespoons of chocolate syrup. Can you say  yum yum!?! 
  2. Kiwi fruit! 1 (one) cut up Kiwi fruit is the perfect tropical tasty treat that is packed with potassium to help those tired muscles recover

No comments:

Post a Comment