Friday, January 24, 2014

Finish strong Friday

Friday
Workout - 30 min run pushing both kiddos in jogger with a good running buddy! (3 miles)

I like to finish the weeks runs on a strong note so what better way to do that than running with a friend who has run marathons! Yep I'm totally a novice compared to Caitlin but lucky for me she just had a baby too so she doesn't mind slowing down her pace for me! I love to run with Caitlin we chat, enjoy getting, pushing our babes in front of us (guys running with a jogger stroller adds a whole new level to running) and she really pushes me to do better and encourages me to make it just a little farther each time. So yea I try to get a run in with her at least once a week. 

So the little princess is such a good sport during all my runs and outdoor workouts (it's not easy when your 2 1/2!) that I usually try to reward her with something fun she can do as soon as I'm done at the location of my run. Today that meant that she got to get out of the stroller and play on the circuit workout stations they have set up around the lake we ran today. Which for her translated into walking a tight rope (we really like JoJo's Circus on Netflix at our house right now). 


Once we got home for our adventures of the morning it was time for another one of my favorite post-run snacks 1/2 an avocado drizzled with a really good balsamic vinegar, salt and peppered to taste. Yum Yum!




Do you run with a jogging stroller? 
What's your jogger of choice?
I have a love affair going on with my City Mini Double right now it's so compact and light it can live in the back of my car - which is good because we only have a single car garage.

No comments:

Post a Comment