Thursday, January 16, 2014

Hard run and some sun

Thursday 
Workout - 2.76 mile interval run pushing my babes in the jogging stroller

Alright today's run was just plain hard but I got through it. Some may with 2.67 mile interval run no biggie and before the little prince came on the scene I would have agreed with you but getting back into running is hard work! I don't mind hard work but every once in a while there's a run that just seems to kick my booty, but like I said I get through it. I have the cutest cheerleading section in the stroller in front of me to keep going (even if one of them sleeps through the whole thing) so I keep on keeping on.  I'm currently training for my first 10k ever and second race ever so I'm using the 10k for pink free app by zen labs to coach me through my intervals. I've found that the trick is to not look at the time counting down and it makes it easier for me to push through to the next walking interval.


After getting home from a hard run I decided that the kiddos and I needed some fun so I loaded them up in the car right after lunch with some yummy snacks, a blanket to sit on and plenty of water and high tailed it to the beach! Yep that's right people beach days in January doesn't get much better than that - we love our January summer weather here in CA.



How do you like to reward yourself after a hard workout?


No comments:

Post a Comment